Who Can Refer
You can request a developmental evaluation for your child at any time by calling your county's department of health. You may also contact Little Lukes to get help referring your child to the county health department.
- Oswego County Health Services EI (315) 349-3500
- Onondaga County Health Dept Special Svs (315) 435-3230
- Jefferson County Community Services: (315) 785-3283
- Lewis County Public Health Agency: (315) 376-5849
- Madison County Public Health Department: (315) 366-2361
- Oneida County Health Department: (315) 798-5249
When you call the county to refer your child, you will be provided with a service coordinator. This person will meet with you to talk about your concerns and explain the Early Intervention Program.
Scheduling The Evaluation
Your service coordinator will provide you with a list of approved evaluators from which you may choose. Then your service coordinator will schedule the evaluation. The evaluation will take place in the child's natural environment-generally the child's home, babysitter's or daycare center.